When it comes to cutting floorings such as laminate, one needs to use a special tool to ensure precision and prevent wastage. There are specific tools that are designed to cut laminate floors to different sizes in terms of width and depth. The laminate flooring cutters come in different styles; some can cut a wide variety of materials other than laminate, and others have adjustable blades to accommodate different sizes of materials.
The majority of the laminate flooring cutters have manual control mode, which means that you conveniently work with this tool at all times, including at areas with no power connection. Besides that, the ergonomic handles crafting make it easy and possible for everyone to work with these tools.
- List of Best Laminate Floor Cutters Review
- 10. SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade
- 9. EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade 2100005 9-Inch Laminate Flooring Cutter
- 8. MARSHALLTOWN New 13″ Lightweight Vinyl
- 7. Bullet Tools 9 inch EZ Shear Sharpshooter
- 6. ROBERTS 10-63 13″ Flooring Cutter
- 5. MantisTol 20-inch Pro Flooring Cutter MC-510, for Laminate,
- 4. Goplus Vinyl Floor Cutter, Laminate Flooring Cutter
- 3. Bullet Tools 13″ EZ Shear Marksman Laminate Flooring Cutter
- 2. 26 In. MAGNUM Soft Flooring Cutter for vinyl tile, carpet tile
- 1. Norske Tools Newly Improved NMAP001 13 inch Laminate Flooring
List of Best Laminate Floor Cutters Review
Here is a review of the top ten best laminate flooring cutters you can check out!
10. SKIL 3601-02 Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade
Cutting laminate flooring is now made easy with this amazing cutting tool. With detents options of 0°, 22.5° and 45°, this gives the flexibility to cut from different angles without moving the materials. This tool is light as it weighs 24 pounds for portability. The major parts like the miter and rip fence are made with heavy-duty cast aluminum materials for strength and durability.
Another crucial feature worth noting is that this tool is compatible with both hardwood materials and laminate floors. The high functioning speed of 1100 RPM ensures convenience when working.
· This tool connects to a power adaptor of 120 volts
· Works at a speed of 11,00 RPM
· The tool weighs 24 pounds
· You can use to cut hardwood and laminate floors
9. EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade 2100005 9-Inch Laminate Flooring Cutter
This is a perfect cutter for people in the construction business due to the high materials compatibility. Apart from using this machine to cut laminate floors, it is also safe to use on hardwood, vinyl, fiber cement and even hardwood planks. The blade of this tool is quite sharp and long, considering it can cut a depth of up to 5/8 inches and a width of around 9 inches.
Anyone, including tall individuals, can work with this tool as the handle is adjustable in length. This also ensures safety since you can extend the handle to cut the floorings from a distance. Changing the blade is easy, and you can do it on your own. Just adjust and disconnect the screws consenting the blade to remove.
· This laminate cutter has low dust blow level when working
· It is easy to set up
· Comes with the honing stones
· Cutting angle adjusts at 45 degrees
· The package comes with a 1-year warranty
8. MARSHALLTOWN New 13″ Lightweight Vinyl
If your budget does not allow you to buy an expensive laminate flooring cutter, I would highly recommend this model from MARSHALLTOWN. The device costs less than 100 dollars which is quite affordable to most people. However, it does not limit your work since you can use it to cut hardwood among others.
Do you have outside jobs or you opt to work from different stations? This tool is light for easy portability. Another feature that qualifies this as a good commercial flooring cutter is the blade design. The large blade cuts floorings with a depth of 10 mm and a width of 12 mm.
· The cutting fence adjusts at 45 and 90 degrees
· The tool operates in quiet mode
· This tool is dust-free
· Does not require electricity to function
7. Bullet Tools 9 inch EZ Shear Sharpshooter
Best known for providing fast and accurate results when cutting different floorings like, vinyl, laminate, and engineered tiles, this tool does not blow a lot of dust which makes it easy to work from different locations either indoors or outdoors. Besides, setting up the tool to work is easy as there are no tools needed. The long handle on laminate cutter has padding and ergonomic design for a comfortable grasp to work.
· It cuts materials of 9 inches wide
· Has multiple materials compatibility
· Easy to use as no assembling is needed
· The cutter is light in weight
6. ROBERTS 10-63 13″ Flooring Cutter
This flooring cutter tool is suitable for laminated floor, vinyl, tiles and plank wood. First off, the long handle provides an ergonomic and comfortable holding angle when working. The miter adjusts from 0 to 45 degrees to offer various cutting angles without having to move floor materials being cut. This feature also ensures precise when cutting the materials. The cutter blade accommodates materials with 12 inches in width and 1/2 inches in depth.
· This tool cuts laminate, vinyl and wood materials
· Has long handle
· The tool miter adjusts up to 45 degrees
· This tool is portable
5. MantisTol 20-inch Pro Flooring Cutter MC-510, for Laminate,
If you need a heavy-duty flooring cutting tool for industrial use, this tool from MantisTool is a good choice. The cutter is compatible with almost all the floorings ranging from wood to tiles which is quite a convenience for people working on large industrial projects. The cutting tool can feed a floor plank with a width of 20 inches and cuts through a depth of 5/8 inches.
· This laminate cutter produces very little dust when working
· Has a large and sharp blade
· It is easy to install since there are no tools needed
· The tool only weighs 23 pounds
4. Goplus Vinyl Floor Cutter, Laminate Flooring Cutter
The quality metal materials construction of this laminate cutter ensures efficiency when working on various materials. Note that the cutter is manually controlled such that you can work with it even in areas with no power connection. The tool has a long and ergonomic handle so you can get a comfortable grasp when working.
Another feature that I am sure you will love about this laminate cutter is that it cuts more than one. Meaning, it can cut 8 to 12-inch materials with a thickness of 0.5mm. The V level on this tool ensures to the position of the flooring materials right while cutting. Assembling is quite easy since the instructions are easy to follow.
· This tool is easy and comfortable to install
· Can cut two floorings at the same time
· It is affordable
· Has quality metal materials construction
3. Bullet Tools 13″ EZ Shear Marksman Laminate Flooring Cutter
Although this laminate floor cutter costs more than some models, it is quite convenient in functioning and use as well. The blade is quite powerful as it can cut easily and fast than 20 other standard blades. If you are allergic to dust this laminate cutter will work for you since it does not blow a lot of dust when working.
Also, the quiet mode operational ensures comfort when working around the house. The miter fence on this cutter has a flexible design such that you can adjust it at varying angles of 45 to 90 degrees without necessarily moving the wood.
· This tool does not produce dust when functioning
· The miter adjust at 45 to 90 degrees
· Has a long handle for comfort
· Can be used for cutting wood, laminate and vinyl
2. 26 In. MAGNUM Soft Flooring Cutter for vinyl tile, carpet tile
This is a heavy-duty cutting tool for the flooring industry. The cutter is suitable for carpets, vinyl, laminate and even tiles. The quality materials construction of this cutter guarantees durability and efficiency as well.
The blade equipped on this tool is quite sharp since it cuts edge to edge, a floor with a dimension of 18 inches wide and 1/6 inches in depth. Also, this cutter is made with a gauge essential for measuring the distance of the floor before cutting.
· This laminate cutter has heavy duty and durable materials construction
· The tool comes with 5 years warranty
· It comes with a self-measuring gauge
· Compatible with soft and hard flooring materials
1. Norske Tools Newly Improved NMAP001 13 inch Laminate Flooring
This compact and easy to use flooring cutter is compatible with a wide range of materials. So, other than using the tool for cutting laminate floorings, it is reliable for cutting other hard and soft materials. The cutter is convenient for transporting since it has a lightweight and compact size for convenient transportation. The handle of the tool is expandable so one can get the most comfortable working surface. You can place this flooring cutter on any surface to work since it is made with a stable base.
· This tool has quality aluminum steel materials
· The handle is extended for comfort
· The miter fence adjusts up to 45 degrees
· It has quality materials construction
Whether you need a DIY or industrial laminate flooring cutter our top ten selections are the best choices. These laminate flooring cutters are versatile in a way that you can use them to cut other materials like vinyl, tiles and even hardwoods. These tools are portable, considering they are crafted in lightweight styles, and they have sharp blades for efficient cutting. So, choose the model that you find reliable from the top options.