A pool cover is a vital part of the pool that keeps the waters clean and free from debris. However, this part of the pool also requires total protection to facilitate good functioning and longevity too. Hence, you need a cover pump to drain water from accumulating on the cover for safety purposes.
The pool cover pumps have varying drain capacity, where some can drain as little as 100 gallons, and others are extreme as they can drain up to 2000 gallons per hour.
Your pool size and needs highly determine the choice. Still, note that these pumps are suitable for use in other areas like ponds or to drain stagnating water around your home. Here are the top ten best pool cover pumps to look out for in 2023.
- List of Best Pool Cover Pumps Review
- 10. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP
- 9. Sanchez 1/2 HP Submersible Water Sump Pump
- 8. Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Pump
- 7. Pool Cover Pump Above Ground
- 6. Little Giant 14942702 PCP550 Pool Cover Pump
- 5. EDOU 850 GPH Swimming Pool Cover Pump
- 4. Wayne 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump
- 3. AgiiMan Pool Cover Pump Above Ground
- 2. FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump
- 1. Aquabeacon Pool Cover Pump 600GPH
List of Best Pool Cover Pumps Review
10. Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP
Keep your swimming pool pump cover functional with this amazing pump. It has a powerful motor that clears up to 1800 gallons of water in an hour. So, if you have a large swimming pool, this pump will work just fine for you. This pool cover pump is crafted for water areas; thus, the quality thermostatic materials guarantee it does not rust or corrode.
Connecting the pump to a hose is easy since it has multiple connection points. Besides that, this pump has a 10-inch discharge hose ideal for removing water far away. The pump has an intact screen that ensures no dirt or debris can get in the pump by sieving them.
- This pump has a powerful 1/4 HP motor
- Has quality thermostatic materials
- Has a removable sieving screen
- The pump removes up to 1800 gallons per hour
9. Sanchez 1/2 HP Submersible Water Sump Pump
This is a must-have pump for every home since not only is it functional for pumping water from the pool cover. This pump helps to drain any stagnating water around your home. It is a powerful tool that can drain up to 3300 gallons of water within an hour. This pump is made with high impact and corrosive resistant materials to make sure it will serve you for a long time.
This also guarantees that you can use the pump in different types of waters. The pump has multiple connection points; hence, you can connect with a hose size of 1 inch, 1-1/4 inch, or 1-1/2 inch using a hose adaptor where necessary.
- This pool cover pump has a handle for easy carrying
- The pump has quality anti-corrosion materials craft
- Comes with a 25 feet power cord
- The pump drain water up to 23 feet high
8. Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Pump
Although this pool cover pump may cost more than other reviewed models, it does a great job. It is easy to maintain a pump since it has a suction screen that removes debris and other dirt from getting inside the pump. The pump has an ergonomic design with side handles for convenient transportation when moving to connect.
Even if the pump does mighty work in draining water, it features a compact design for convenient carrying and setting up in small spaces. Another outstanding feature of this pump is the ergonomic automatic floating switch. The switch automatically activates when the pump submerges at 2 inches water depth.
- This pump connects to a standard 3/4 inches hose
- Removes up to 1700 gallons per hour
- This pump only weighs 13 pounds
- Has ergonomic handles for comfortable gripping
7. Pool Cover Pump Above Ground
This is a compact pool cover pump that does mighty work in draining waters around the pool area. Setting up this pump is easy since it connects to the standard garden hoses; 1/2 and 3/4 inches. The pool pump is powerful in functioning since it can effortlessly drain 850 gallons of water in an hour.
This pool cover pump ensures to connect from a further distance with the 25 feet long power cord in terms of connectivity. The pump is made with premium quality ABS materials that can withstand constant submerging in the waters. So, it is a durable model.
- This pool cover works at 75 watts power output
- The pump drains 850 gallons in an hour
- The unit only weighs 2 pounds
- This pool cover pump comes with a full money refund warranty
6. Little Giant 14942702 PCP550 Pool Cover Pump
Just as the name says, this pool cover pump is quite compact but does a great job in return. It is a multifunctional pool cover pump that helps to get rid of stagnant water on the pool cover, and you can also use it for other draining jobs around the home. This is a convenient and easy to maintain pump that you can use with any water.
This is because the pump has a suction screen that sieves debris and contaminants for easy cleaning after use. The pump drains 550-gallon in an hour, and it connects to the standard hoses of 3/4 inches.
- Installing this pool cover pump is easy
- It pumps 550 gallons of water
- The pump works at a power output of 58 watts
- Comes with a removable screen
5. EDOU 850 GPH Swimming Pool Cover Pump
This pool cover pump is installed above the ground, but it comes with a long 16 inches hose for draining water from the pool cover. This pump can be used for professional work since it is fast and is energy efficient. The pump is meant to be used at any time, even during extreme weather conditions.
It has quality premium ABS materials that can withstand any condition outdoors. It has standard connection mode where it easily connects to any 110-volt adaptor, plus the pump has a 25 feet long power cord for further connection. In case of any query, call the customer care representatives, and they will help you.
- This pump comes with three water nozzle adaptors
- The pump connects to the standard 110 volts power source
- Connects to any 3/4 inches garden hose
- Can be installed above the ground
4. Wayne 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump
You don’t need to be there to control this pump as it has the iSwitch design. Meaning, the pump automatically switches-on in sensing water in the surroundings. So you can leave the pump unattended, maybe if you have other jobs around the house. The pump has a strain at the base that filters all the debris to prevent clogging of the pump.
The pump automatically goes off when the water finishes for safety purposes and prevents the pump from overheating. It functions pretty fast to save time and energy around the house.
- This pump is made of thermostatic materials
- It has an iSwitch design
- The pump connects to all 3/4 inches of garden hose
- It is easy to control
3. AgiiMan Pool Cover Pump Above Ground
The Agiiman pool cover pump has two installation modes to either opt to submerge it or place it above water. This makes it a great choice for draining water from the pool cover or other stagnating water around the home compound. Is the power socket located far from the pool? No problem since this pump comes with a long 25 feet power cord to connect from distances.
It also has a 16 inches drainage hose that derives water from deep surfaces. This pump is compatible with both 1/2 and 3/4 inches garden hoses. The premium ABS materials guarantee the durability of this pool cover pump.
- The pump drains 850 gallons in an hour
- The pump has a 16 inches hose
- It has premium and durable ABS materials
- Works at a high speed
2. FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump
The Fibropool electric pump is suitable for installing either above or underground. Besides, it comes with a strong covered drainage hose that can get water from a deep space of up to 16 inches. The premium crafting guarantees the durability and safety of this pump even when used under the water.
It has a lightweight style to ensure there is no much weight employed to the pool cover. Nonetheless, this pump is powerful as it pumps around 600 gallons of water in an hour.
- The pump works at 75 watts
- Comes with extra 22 feet long power cord
- Can be installed in the water and above water
- The pump drains 600 gallons per hour
1. Aquabeacon Pool Cover Pump 600GPH
Noticed water accumulating around the pool cover? Get this amazing pool cover pump to get rid of the water. It is a powerful pump that drains up to 600 gallons of water in an hour. The pump is equipped with a 16-inch hose that goes deep on the cover to get rid of water. This pump is built to use all around the year since the materials are resistant to weather damages.
So, you can still use it to drain water during the summer and rainy seasons. This pump has a dual installation option whereby you can install it in the water or above the waters and still get the same results.
- This pump comes with 12 months replacement warranty
- Has above and under installation options
- The pump drains up to 600 gallons of water
- The pump has quality ABS material construction
Keep your pool cover safe and free of water by draining the excess water using these cover pumps. The pumps are made with durable materials to withstand constant use under the water or weather climates. Note that the above-reviewed pumps have the varying draining capacity. So, choose the right model depending on the size of your pool.