Like any other tool with a powerful flashlight, the headlamps have a wide range of usage. Whether you are mining or repairing any machinery, a tactical headlamp can really come in heady. Having a durable build, these products sit on your head perfectly without creating any discomfort. Furthermore, it also provides you with excellent visibility, especially at night. Moreover, the powerful battery serves for a long time without any trouble.
So, which tactical headlamp brands should we look for? How does it differ from one another? Well, to find out more, check out our comparison.
- List of Best Tactical Headlamps in 2020 Review
- How can a tactical headlamp be beneficial?
- What type of body material should the headlamp have?
- Which LED light will be a good option for a tactical headlamp?
- Final Verdict
List of Best Tactical Headlamps in 2020 Review
10. Ikaama Headlamp
If you like to go for adventures every now and then, this product will be just perfect for you. The headlamp combines the best of everything, using imported items for the body of the headlamp. For the metal parts, aluminum alloy is used which makes the product comparatively lighter weighing no more than a pound. Hence, you can wear it for long hours without any problem.
Also, another prime material for the body of the product is ABS plastic. ABS lends it’s sturdiness to the tactical headlamp, so it can withstand the usual impact when moving.
- With a lifetime warranty to back up the product, what more assurance can you ask for when it comes to the quality.
- Since the batteries required for the product comes in the package itself, you can use it immediately.
- The item is also leakage-resistant for not risking your health.
9. Miuree Tactical Headlamp
A lot of thought has been given to the design of this product. No two people have the same shape or size of their heads. To give you the best fit, the length of this product can be adjusted. Moreover, measures have been taken to make sure that the headband of the product is really comfortable to wear. Thus, you can go on for a long time without any irritation.
When it comes to the light, the product offers you much flexibility. The headlamp can be changed to 3 different lighting modes. Not only that, you can even change the angle of the lens on this product.
- The power button is located in a convenient position so you can easily turn it on anywhere.
- To ensure your safety, a special tail light has also been added to the design of the product.
- Another amazing feature of this product is that it lets you zoom in and out as well.
8. Princeton Tec Remix Headlamp
When you have very specific requirements for the type of headlamp you need, this product might be able to satisfy you. The product offers you a whole range of lumen ratings that you can choose from to suit your personal job. Not only that, this gives equal importance to the look of the item.
Therefore, you also have an array of colors and designs to get a headlamp which will suit you just right. Even the color of the LED can be chosen to suit your purpose. Since the product is water-resistant, you do not have to worry even if you are caught in a sudden shower.
- It promises to be able to work in any environment without any issues.
- The tactical headlamp has a good burn time of 150 hours, so you can enjoy the benefit for a long time.
- You will certainly get 3 ultrabright LED lights to illuminate the entire space.
7. Totobay Headlamp
When it comes to brightness, this product is a sure winner among many out there. With a maximum output of 6000 lumens, this headlamp can illuminate any dark space into daylight. Furthermore, the life of the LED on this product is exceptional. It gives as many as 100,00 hours, easily lasting you for ages before you need to get new ones.
Also, the product is FCC certified. Hence, you can depend on the quality of the product. You will be glad to know that the batteries on this product are of the rechargeable kind. Therefore, it is much more eco-friendly.
- With as many as 4 different lighting modes, this lamp will come to use in many different places.
- The product is heatproof, so you do not have to worry about any malfunctioning in humidity.
- A green safety light at the back allows people who are behind you to see you clearly when you are guiding them.
6. Petzl Tactikka Headlamp
With this product, you will surely not be disappointed. The tactical headlamp has already won the appraisal of many, and rightfully earned the title of Amazon’s Choice for itself. It will surely come up to your expectations as well. To preserve your night vision and maintain better stealth, the product has been equipped with a red LED light.
Although for other activities that might require focusing the light on distant objects, this product also gives you bright white light. To make them wear much more convenient, a quick opening buckle is present on the headband.
- The headlamp is only 0.09kg, so you hardly feel any bulk on your head when you wear it.
- The product lets you go with standard batteries or rechargeable ones, so you never run out of power somewhere.
- Since the headband is adjustable, you can suit it to your comfort.
5. Streamlight Pro Tac Headlamp
When quality is in question, Streamlight goes out of its way to provide you with the very best that is out there. The product comes with the much needed 90 degrees tilting feature. Because of this, you can control the headlamp as you desire. Plus, it also reduces part of your neck fatigue.
Not only that, but this tactical headlamp is also RoHS compliant. Therefore, you can be sure that this product comes with remarkable durability. With the gasket-sealed glass lens on this product, the headlamp is able to go unscratched from the impacts of 1 meter.
- The batteries come with a shelf life of 10 years, lasting you an entire decade before you need to change.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum on the body further increases the life of this item.
- Since the headband has rubber for the material, it sits on your head snug, without any discomfort.
4. Nitecore NU20 Tactical Headlamp
Of course, this product does much more than just light your way. With the different modes of lighting, it can be used to lead and show the way during a hiking trip, or even send an SOS if you get lost. The headlamp has a massive coverage range of 75 yards. Hence, the light will be easily visible to anybody in its highest illumination setting.
Furthermore, it also has special features as that of the cycle beacon in times of danger. This also boasts IPX7 waterproofing. Hence, the item is practically submersible without any fear of damages.
- Since the product is really compact, it barely takes up any space in your bag when it is not in use.
- The headlamp is available in a selection of two attractive colors to choose from.
3. Zonapa Tactical Headlamp
If your headlamp keeps moving and jerking with fast movements, it can be a big problem. Thus, the strap on this product goes around and above the head, achieving complete safety so the product does stay safely on the head. Besides, the comfort straps are adjustable so you can tighten the gear on your head to your own liking.
Moreover, if you want to have a quick look around in any other direction than the basic straight forward one, you do not have to turn your entire body. With 800 lumens to back you up, you do not have to worry about brightness no matter how dark it gets.
- Since the product is rechargeable, you do not have to keep buying wasteful disposable batteries.
- The 90-degrees tilt lets you view anywhere with ease.
- There are many light modes which are medium, strobe, ultra-bright, etc so that you never have any confusion in buying one.
2. Energizer Vision Headlamp
Indeed, this is one of the best tactical headlamps in the market. Loaded with features, this product will not fail to come up to your expectations. The headband of this product is stretchable, so it can fit any person comfortably. More than that, the strap is also breathable. Therefore, your head remains dry and cool even if you wear the headlamp for long stretches of time.
Since the headband is washable as well, you can keep things hygienic, by rinsing out all your sweat accumulation on the band.
- With a single charge, the product lasts a good 4 hours for you to complete your work.
- Since a bright white might sometimes cut off the visibility, or catch unwanted attention, the product also allows you to dim the light.
- Apart from having a green LED, for real emergencies, the red light on this product flashes.
1. Slonik Headlamp
For the ones who like to go for extreme challenges, there could not be a better option than this. In case you go for expeditions in hazardous places that require you to wear the sturdy hat, the headlamp has also included hard hat hooks in the design. Hence, you can easily attach the item with your hat. Further, this product is dustproof as well as waterproof with the IPX8 rating, making it suitable for any weather condition.
The aero grade aluminum alloy 6063 selected for the body is just the right material to withstand the extreme conditions.
- A thoughtful protective cap is present on the USB port. Thus, it protects the item from any damages and water.
- Besides, the 2200mAh battery on the headlamp offers 8 hrs of service at a stretch.
- In case you still have doubts regarding the quality of the product, Slonik removes any such thoughts away. It comes with a 48-month warranty on the product.
How can a tactical headlamp be beneficial?
A tactical headlamp can come to use for a number of different purposes. In case you like to go for extreme adventures, or simply for hiking in rather dingy places, this product will greatly come to use. Lighting the path for you where you might not find any light, the product helps you move forward, without actually occupying your hands with the trouble of holding flashlights, and running the risk of losing them. If you are part of an expedition team as well, or you like to go excavating in dark tunnels or similar such places, the tactical headlamp will definitely help you.
What type of body material should the headlamp have?
As far as the LED light of the item is concerned, the body should definitely have aluminum alloy in a great deal among other materials. This is because, while aluminum is sturdy enough to provide you with good durability, it is also much lighter than other metals. Since you will wear the gear on your head, heavy items might leave you with head pain. Therefore, lightweight bodies allow you to wear them for long stretches of time.
For the headband of the headlamp, no matter what type of material is used, it should definitely be sturdy. Usually, rubber-like material is used, which does not soak in all your sweat, and keeps dry. Besides, such material is also stretchable, so it can fit everyone’s head without any size issues. Some products also let you specially adjust the fitting of the headband. Also, the comfort of the headband must be kept in mind when going for a headlamp.
Which LED light will be a good option for a tactical headlamp?
To make sure you bag a really practical headlamp, you have to look for a number of different pointers. Firstly, you should settle for no less than 3000 lumens. For the area to be well lit, and for the LED to have good coverage, at least 3000 lumens is a must to achieve a good brightness. Also, especially when you are out in the wild, only brightness might not always be the answer. In fact, it might get you in sticky situations if you attract unnecessary attention. Therefore, the light should come with different modes of good to achieve a stealth mode when required.
In case you plan to use the headlamp as a type of guide, for example during hiking, you will do better if the headlamp also has a taillight. That way, while your path is illuminated in the front, people behind you can follow you through your taillight even from a good distance. Also, keeping emergency situations in mind, a headlamp should offer a red LED as well. The red light is much more noticeable and effective when you are trying to get help in the middle of nowhere.
Hence, get yourself proper lighting whenever required and illuminate the entire space sufficiently. The portable tactical headlamps will let you have a perfect fit even when the place is compact. So, give it a try!