Everybody wants to drink properly filtered water. However, you need a good filter to achieve this feat. Thus, is important to opt for a good water filter pitcher. Portable as well as easy to use, these filters are highly efficient. Most importantly, it allows you to filter water with utmost efficiency. Besides, you will have no trouble in maintaining the product too. This will always let you have the freshest batch of water and no risks of getting water-borne diseases.
In this water filter pitcher review 2022, we put down all the benefits and how this product is going to make a difference. So, make sure to read it before proceeding to buy one.
- List of Best Water Filter Pitchers Review
- 10. Soma Pitcher Plant-based Water Filtration
- 9. Brita Everyday Water Pitcher with Filter
- 8. PUR Ultimate Water Filtration Pitcher
- 7. AquaBliss Water Filter Pitcher
- 6. Propur Water Filter Pitcher with Fruit Infuser
- 5. Epic Pure Water Purifier Pitcher
- 4. Seychelle Water Filter Pitcher
- 3. Brita Metro Pitcher
- 2. Waterdrop Filter Pitcher
- 1. Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
- What are Water Filter Pitchers?
- Why should you use a water filter pitcher?
- What to consider while buying a water filter pitcher?
- What are the benefits of Water Filter Pitchers?
List of Best Water Filter Pitchers Review
10. Soma Pitcher Plant-based Water Filtration
The water filter pitcher of SOMA stands out for its elegant and distinctive style. It looks fine on the countertop or in the fridge and has a very Zen feel to it. Besides chlorine, the Soma Filter eliminates heavy metals like mercury. It is crafted from 60% renewable and plant-based products, which means it has a lower carbon footprint. This even features a wooden handle f.
Overall, if you’re looking for a decent minimalist style filter pitcher, then the SOMA filter pitcher is perfect for you. The lid door opens automatically for easy lifting.
- It can hold up to 10 glasses of freshly filtered water.
- With has the construction of white oak, it looks gorgeous in any setting.
- It is made of BPA free plastic for keeping the whole process hygienic.
9. Brita Everyday Water Pitcher with Filter
Brita is one of the best-known brands for pitcher filters. Models tend to be budget options, and since they use the same filters, pitchers offer good water quality across models.
With Brita, you’re going to get an inexpensive, yet quality filter. The Everyday model is a large, yet convenient pitcher free of BPA. It also comes with a filter indicator that informs you when the filter needs to be replaced. Next, if you are looking for a budget water filter pitcher, then the Brita is the perfect choice for you.
Lastly, it can filter out metals like Zinc and Mercury and also chemicals like chlorine. Therefore, provides with pure and fresh water.
- The pitcher holds enough water to fill three water bottles with 24 ounces of capacity each.
- Having a transparent appearance, you can monitor the whole process.
- The Brita comes with an easy-fill-locking lid and is easy to pour.
8. PUR Ultimate Water Filtration Pitcher
Of course, the PUR brand has been in the water filtration market for quite a while. Thus, they provide you with quality products at an affordable price.PUR water filtration pitcher filters minimize lead and other harmful pollutants that may be found in your water. This model is one of the best-selling brands of lead-reducing pitcher filters.
Besides, a big pitcher, the PUR Ultimate gives you 18 cups of water. It operates with two filter types: PUR Simple and PUR Lead-Reducing. Overall, this is a good budget filter pitcher.
- PUR water filters eliminate more than 70 toxins, including lead & chlorine, by using activated carbon & ion exchange.
- This certainly has a construction out of plastic for giving it strength and durability.
- The PUR water filter pitcher provides 40 gallons of water filtration.
7. AquaBliss Water Filter Pitcher
The AquaBliss Pitcher is a product that eliminates some of the pollutants in your drinking water that you can find. While it does not make the water alkaline, the amount of chlorine, zinc, sand, mercury, copper, and unpleasant smells would be decreased. To avoid the risk of over spilling, be careful not to overfill the top.
Also, when the pitcher is still filtering, you will not be able to pour water. Or else, you will risk mixing filtered and unfiltered water. You will be alerted by a digital countdown feature to change the filter. Overall, the pitcher can regulate the water’s PH and clean it of any particles and is a good, budget-friendly product.
- BPA friendly construction helps maintain a low carbon footprint.
- The pitcher works fast as it only takes two minutes to filter water, per filling.
- There is a rubber ring at the base to keep the pitcher from sliding off.
6. Propur Water Filter Pitcher with Fruit Infuser
The water filter pitcher from Propur comes with a built-in fruit infusing kit. So, making this the best choice if you want to invest your water with fruit. The filters last up to 6 months before you need to replace them. Thus, it is fantastic, and this system also has excellent filtration. This has a construction of plastic that gives it sturdiness.
The USP of the product is that the water filtration system can remove up to 200+ water contaminants. It fits nicely in the refrigerator and is a high-quality pitcher, for fruit water in particular. Hence, if you’re looking for a quality pitcher with fruit infusion, then this is your best choice.
- Not too big, and can be easily carried along for camping, or other outdoor trips.
- It is free from BPA and has an overall capacity of 3.5 liters.
- Even if it is blue in color, you can keep a check on the filtration system.
5. Epic Pure Water Purifier Pitcher
This water pitcher removes 200+ contaminants including chlorine, fluorides, metals like zinc, and so on. All the NSF/ANSI standards protect the product, and it provides a very long-lasting filter. You will be able to get around 150 gallons of filtered water. The filter itself is a vital function to point out here.
Unlike some cheaper ones, it is not a granular carbon filter, but it is a solid carbon block instead, and it is also recyclable. The filter is long-lasting and can be changed once every 3-4 months. As a matter of fact, it’s ideal for the tap water filtration process as well.
- Entirely BPA free construction for keeping the water safe for drinking.
- The pitcher has a large capacity of 3.5L.
- Its design is very user-friendly so you can directly pour water out of it.
4. Seychelle Water Filter Pitcher
Seychelle Pitcher differentiates itself from other filters by having alkaline filter cartridges rather than just one. Thus, this increases the speed at which the pitcher can filter water and even provides clean water. However, it has a large capacity for water filtration. Hence, it becomes easy to remove pollutants and provides alkaline water. Along with trace metals, pesticides, and VOCs, this model eliminates up to 99.99% of common pollutants, including 97.5% of lead, 95% of nitrites, and 90% of fluoride.
Furthermore, it also removes chemicals like trihalomethanes, PFOA, PFOS, PCBs, DDT, glyphosate, herbicides, detergents, pesticides and benzene. Moreover, there will be no bad taste or odor in the water when you are drinking it.
- This model is capable of upgrading your water pH to about 9.5.
- Having a sleek design, it can be kept comfortably inside a fridge.
- This has passed 51 tests carried out in the US as well as various international laboratories. Thus, proving its worth.
3. Brita Metro Pitcher
The Brita Metro Pitcher is a compact water pitcher with an ability to fill about 5 cups. It is not as large as the other ones on this list, but due to its size and lightweight. Next, it can easily be placed inside portable refrigerators and makes a great travel companion to store tour water. The pitcher will extract various pollutants from your drinking water, such as arsenic, cadmium, copper, mercury, for example.
However, note that it filters the water relatively slowly. Filtering a full pitcher takes about 5 minutes. Interestingly, it can standardly filtrate 40 gallons and the filter can last up to 6 months before needing replacement.
- It can hold up to 2L of water that is pretty huge.
- The product is made of BPA free materials that ensure its safety standards.
- A filter indicator alerts you when it needs to be replaced.
2. Waterdrop Filter Pitcher
The Waterdrop Filter Pitcher is one of the best in its class. Upon purchase, it comes with one filter included, saving you the cost of initial replacement. Its robust design makes it durable and long-lasting. The pitcher can carry up to 200 gallons of water. The filters use silver loaded activated carbon. As a result, gives it ten times the absorption capacity of other filter pitchers. Besides, it can absorb even more harmful chemicals like sulphur.
Furthermore, it has an LED indicator that alerts you when the filter needs replacing. This comes with an advanced 7-stage filtration process which ensures you get the purest and cleanest water.
- It has got a rigid wooden handle which makes it easier to lift and low and also prevents slipping.
- This has NSF certification that proves how great of a product it is.
- The filter is of a 1-liter that is going to filtrate a lot at a go.
1. Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
Lovely addition to your kitchen is this Water Filter Pitcher. The filter eliminates chlorine, micro-plastics, and PFOA/PFAS. No other commercial-grade water filters perform such functions at consumer prices. It is the only pitcher independently evaluated for all NSF 42, 53, 244, 401 & 473 criteria. It eliminates the most destructive impurities such as fluoride, lead, BPA, glyphosate, PFOAs, hormones & more than 220 such contaminants found in tap water.
The Affinity Filtration Technology used in these filters removes 99.7% of contaminants found in average tap water. It has an average filter life of 100 gallons, meaning you only need to replace the filters approximately every four months.
- This pitcher still preserves the natural minerals & nutrients present in the water,
- Of course, the product is 100% BPA-free. So, it is safe to use.
What are Water Filter Pitchers?
Water filter pitchers are nothing but water pitchers that also perform the same functions as a standard water purifier. Unlike traditional water purifiers, these do not need to be plugged in, and connected to a water supply, and can be carried around. These filter pitchers also use similar filtration techniques as water purifiers. These filter pitchers come in various sizes, and also vary from single to multiple filter variants. Besides, the filters need to be replaced from time to time.
Why should you use a water filter pitcher?
Water contains contaminants no matter where it comes from; be it bottled or from the water treatment plants. When water leaves these plants, they may be free of toxins, but along the way, they pick up all sorts of chemicals and pollutants until they reach your home. Having a filter pitcher is a safety precaution and helps re-filter that water and makes it safe for you to drink. There can be no compromise when it comes to health and safety.
What to consider while buying a water filter pitcher?
Filter Type: The type of filter is a significant factor. The filter is what determines the final price of the product. If the filter is small, the pitcher will be short and have a small capacity, and if the filter is big, the pitcher will also be big and hence will hold more water. You should take into consideration why you need a filter pitcher, and also where and when will you use it. Smaller pitchers are good for traveling and camping, where larger ones are better to keep and use at home.
Whether the product comes with an indicator or not: Most water filter pitchers come with in-built indicators that glow and beep when the filters need to be replaced. It is a handy feature as it prevents the pitcher from potential clogging and molding. It is suggested that you buy a filter pitcher that has an indicator already installed.
Filter Speed: The time it takes to filter water for a pitcher varies significantly between models. It is rational that you want a pitcher that filters quickly, but slower filtration usually means that the pitcher removes more pollutants. If it filters very fast, chances are it is not cleaning the water properly.
The number of filters: The more filter a pitcher will have, the faster it will work. Also, the more filters you have, the bigger the size of the pitcher. Pitchers with large water capacities usually have two filters as they are quite big, and need two filters to speed up the process. Smaller ones come with a tiny filter to compensate for the low water capacity. However, the downside is that your cost of replacing filters will increase.
Materials used to construct the pitcher:
When buying, do ensure that the pitcher you desire is made of 100% BPA free materials as it is eco-friendly and non-toxic. It is not BPA free, or it is unclear, then it is advised to look for one that matches the criteria.
Water Capacity: Another essential factor is water capacity. This entirely depends on how you will use it. If you want one for your home, then it is advisable to get one with more water capacity, like 200-300 gallons, as you will not always have to refill it. However, if you do not have much space at home, or are looking for something portable for your travels, you should buy one with a smaller capacity, of around 5 cups, as they are lightweight and easy to carry, and compact enough to fit anywhere. The pitchers with higher water capacities, naturally, cost more than the ones with smaller water capacities.
What are the benefits of Water Filter Pitchers?
Here are some benefits of water filter pitchers:
- Buying bottled water each time you go outside can be expensive; even more so, when you are in a big group. Water filter pitchers can solve that issue as you need to carry one, maybe two (or more depending on the size of the group) pitchers, and it is also a much healthier alternative.
- Plastics used in bottled water contain dangerous toxins that can be harmful. Water filter pitchers remove that risk by absorbing and filtering out all those contaminants.
- Some filter pitchers also have added benefits like controlling water PH level to give you the purest form of water possible.
- Some water filter pitchers come with fruit infusers. So you do not have to waste money on buying bottled juices, and it will be a much healthier option.
Avoiding water-borne diseases is possible only by drinking fresh water. The reusable water filter pitchers will filtrate all the bad elements out of it.