Although heated eye masks are highly suggested for helping in sleep, you must know more about the mask before buying and using it. Are they safe for your skin, and do they work? This article will answer all your questions regarding the heated eye masks and even how to go about it when choosing one.
- What is a heated eye mask?
- How do the heated eyes mask work?
- What does the heated eye mask help with?
- How do the heated eyes mask work for dry eyes?
- Types of the heated eye masks
- Best Heated Eye Masks
- Uses of the heated eyes masks
- How to choose the suitable heated eye mask
- Frequently asked questions
What is a heated eye mask?
The heated eye masks are like eyeglasses equipped with quality and high precision heating elements for treating eye conditions. The heat element precision on the heated eye masks ensures you can use them whenever you need to or daily without any harm.
The heated eye masks are comfortable to sleep with as they do not regulate temperatures. You will never feel any irritation around the eyes as the temperatures set to remain constant for as long as you wear the mask.
How do the heated eyes mask work?
Once you open the heated mask and connect it to power, they immediately get exposed to air and react to oxygen. This causes them to gradually heat up until it reaches a certain heat level, like around 40 degrees F.
What does the heated eye mask help with?
The heated eye masks are associated with multiple health benefits for the eye areas. Once the content in the mask heats up, the mask hence forth emits moisture that penetrates the eyes to soothe and relax the muscles around the eyes. This may work for people experiencing pain around the eyes skin.
The relaxing activates the cells around the eyes hence promoting good flow. So if your eyes feel or look dry, the mask will help create supply on the eye skin.
How do the heated eyes mask work for dry eyes?
Dry eyes occur if there is minimal flow around the eyes or if the glands are closed. So, once the heated eyes pad touches the eyes, it automatically opens the glands allowing natural oils to flow. In other words, the heated eyes mask improves the functioning of the Meibomian gland secretions for better flow.
Types of the heated eye masks
There are two categories of heated eye masks which are the dry auto-activated heated eye masks and the dry warmed-up heated eyes mask
Dry auto-activated heated eyes masks
These are the mask to use from areas where you don’t have a microwave, maybe on the move. However, the masks are packed with warming wafers to insert in the masks to use. You can use such a mask while traveling or if you don’t have a microwave at home.
Dry warmed-up eyes heated masks.
This is the category of eye masks supposed to be warmed with a microwave. The dry, warmed heated eye masks are equipped with tiny beads that warm up, putting the masks in a microwave. In return, they generate heat that forms moisture to treat the years.
Most people have trouble falling asleep. Furthermore, you can also suffer from problems like blepharitis, meibomian gland dysfunction and other problems. Well, the best way to get relaxation and sleep is to opt for heated eye packs. These heated eye masks offer compression as well as comfortable heat which induces sleep. Nevertheless, there are a series of different factors that you need to consider before choosing the right one.
Hence, to help you out, study the heated eye masks for dry eyes or for any other use. Read our reviews and choose the right one that can give relief.
Best Heated Eye Masks
10. Aroma Season Heated Eye Mask
Innovation has a new name with Aroma Season. The product comes with a special heat pad, which does not require you to wait for even a blink. With the USB port attached, it can be powered through various means. Next, this product also takes care of your stress. Lavender is known for relieving stress, therefore, to make the experience even better, the mask comes with an added bonus of a lavender sachet.
The product also has a remote control which allows you to control the time, so you can fall asleep without worrying about enjoying the warmth for too long.
- Since the remote has an LED displayer, you can even change the setting in the darkness with ease.
- As an extra trinket, the product comes in a neat wrap, so you can keep it clean when it is not being used.
- With a 12 month warranty on the product, what more assurance can you ask for.
9. Esonmus Heated Eye Mask
Hygiene is a must when it comes to eye masks. Keeping such practical necessities in mind, this product comes with a detachable outer cover. This makes it much easier for you to wash the item, and keep it as good as new. The eye mask makes sure that the product is comfortable for you. Therefore, it makes use of cotton fabric, which is really skin-friendly, no matter what the season is.
Not only that, but this product also does more than act as a heated mask. It also comes with a cooling gel bag, which has induced ice gel.
- In case you have never used such a product, no need to stress. The instruction manual guides you through each easy step.
- To moisten your dry eyes through the heater, the product also remembers to add a spray bottle in the package.
- To make sure you can sleep without any distractions, it also gives you earplugs.
8. Mavogel Heated Eye Mask
Absolutely packed with features, this product is sure to have all that you are looking for already. The product makes use of a special carbon nanotube heating technology. This helps to not only give you a soothing heat but evenly distribute the heat through the mask, to take care of every corner of your eye.
Besides, making use of no wires, this thermal conductivity is much safer for you to use. In order to prevent too much exposure to the heat, the mask automatically shuts off after an hour of use.
- The product is extremely lightweight weighing barely 0.29 grams. So it does not feel too bulky over your eyes.
- With exclusive infrared heating, your blood circulation is also considerably improved with this product.
- It is completely waterproof, so even a drink spill cannot ruin your night’s sleep.
7. Graphene Times Heated Eye Mask
With this eye mask, you will be able to notice visible changes in your eyes. The product makes use of high-quality infrared therapy. Because of this, from freckles to dark circles, every issue around your eyes is well taken care of. Furthermore, the eye mask has an ergonomic design, so it can adjust to your face shape.
3D contour shaping on the eye pads, make sure no added pressure is applied on your nose when you wear the product.
- With a long cord of 47inches, you will not need to stick close to a power supply. Thus, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of the mask.
- Because of the use of graphene, you do not run any risk of damaged wires.
- Most importantly, it also offers an even and safe distribution of heat.
6. ARRIS Heated Eye Mask
When it comes to coverage, this product is a sure winner among many. The mask has been intentionally given a broader design, to leave no corners unattended. When your eyes are concerned, safety should always be the first priority. Therefore, this heated mask uses thermal conductivity, which helps to spread out the heat well, without any chances of accidents.
One great thing about this product is that it is machine washable. Hence, you barely need to put any effort or time to keep this product clean.
- The product is available in two bright shades of brown and yellow that you can select from.
- Since the product can be powered through many different sources, it is really travel-friendly as well.
- With the availability of the timer setting, you can fall asleep without needing to worry. So, will not get too much heat on your eyes.
5. Topoint Heated Eye Mask
With this product, all your expectations will surely be met. The product has already earned the title of Amazon’s Choice for itself, winning the approval of many. Not only does it provide a warm embrace on your eyes, but it helps to ease out your stress as well. With the added lavender sachet, the sensitive noses can enjoy the beautiful smell, while the mind calms down.
If that was not enough, the product also allows you great flexibility when it comes to the temperature. You get to choose between 5 different levels of hot.
- The water bottle allows you the control the amount of water sprayed on the mask better.
- A helpful user manual acquaints you with each easy function.
- Since the product is washable, it is obviously reusable as well.
4. Unimi Heated Eye Mask
This product does two jobs at the same time. It can work both as a hot, as well as a cold pack over your eyes. Besides, the mask comes to much more uses than just soothe your eyes. With the addition of sweet-smelling lavender, you can also enjoy aromatherapy on different parts of your body.
This third-generation mask with its intelligent design, fit your nose just right. So not even the smallest ray of light can slip through your mask and disturb you in the morning. Besides, with the addition of the Velcro strap, the eye mask has a snug fit on your head.
- The product is microwave-safe, so you can heat it up without any concerns.
- To allow you a little more freedom with choices, the eye mask comes in two chic colors to choose from.
- Since you can adjust the cord to a good 15cm, it can easily fit any head size without any struggle.
3. Magic Gel Heated Eye Mask
This product has been designed with a lot of thought put into it. In order to ensure you enjoy the best possible results, this eye mask swears by the hot water rather than the microwave. With the addition of two different ice packs to the package, you can alternate between the packs, or even use the second when the first one wears out, instead of buying a new one. Because of the smooth silk fabric, the mask sits comfortably on your face.
From styes to cysts and much more, this product helps with a number of different physical discomforts.
- Since the product is really light as well, you can carry it anywhere you like. Hence, you will not get any extra load in your luggage.
- You also get a mug clip in the package with the product as an added plus.
2. Heyedrate Heated Eye Mask
If you have a lot of trouble falling asleep, this product can help you. The eye mask prevents the crusting of your eyelids. Not only that, but it also prevents irritated eyes. For those who are sensitive to light, this product also makes sure you are not woken up by any sudden flicker.
Moreover, the mask can be used as it is, to get a goodnight’s sleep in complete darkness, without requiring to heat up the item. Besides, this mask hardly makes you wait. Microwaving for 15 to 20 seconds makes it ready to be used.
- Only keeping the product on your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes can really help to soothe them.
- This product is also freezer safe, allowing you to use it for any allergy purposes as well.
- The product has an outer covering, which feels soft on your eyes.
1. Drop Of Diviniti Heated Eye Mask
With this product, you will be able to say goodbye to all your dark circles permanently. The product makes use of a premium combination of mulberry silk as well as cotton, for the material of the eye mask. This makes the mask really smooth, as well as breathable, which gives you the utmost comfort imaginable.
Furthermore, you can trust the safety of this item. To transfer the heat, graphene heating film along with silk do the job for this product.
- The USB cord on the product is a good 7 feet long. Hence, you are not restricted by small cables while you sleep.
- Its headband is adjustable. So, you can suit the tightness according to your own preference.
- Most importantly, it covers your eyelids completely. Therefore, it offers effective blepharitis treatment.
Uses of the heated eyes masks
This is an eye inflammation condition that affects the eyelids. This inflammatory occurs in three forms; anterior blepharitis, posterior blepharitis, and mixed blepharitis. Anterior blepharitis usually affects the front edge of the eyelid. Posterior blepharitis occurs at the back edge of the eyelid and mixed blepharitis at the back of the eyelid together with the meibomian glands.
The inflammation may be caused by bacteria infection or if dirt enters your eyes. So, the heated eye mask helps open up the glands to promote good flow, remove bacteria, and any debris in your eyes.
Treats eye dryness
This is a condition that occurs if your tear glands are unable to make enough tears. Tears are essential for keeping the eyes moisturized, and if there are no adequate tears, then your eyes will get dry, resulting in itchiness, blurriness, and redness. So using the heated eye masks regularly will regulate the meibomian glands to release natural eye oils that moistures the eyes to eliminate the dryness.
It helps in improving conjunctivitis.
Do you feel itchiness in your eyes, they become watery, turn blurry sometimes, or you notice bloodshot? This could be due to Conjunctivitis inflammation caused by allergy, infection, or dirt. Although the mask does not help treat the inflammation entirely, it can significantly help to lessen the symptoms.
How to choose the suitable heated eye mask
These masks will be heated up and be placed directly on the skin, specifically around the eyes. The materials should be comfortable to your skin, so you don’t develop any form of irritation. The perfect material for making heated eye masks is cotton since cotton is 100 percent safe for all skins. Choose masks made with durable cotton materials that can withstand constant washing.
The heat adjustment
An excellent heated eye mask should have a heating interval so you can easily adjust the heat level comfortable for your eyes. These masks have different heat intervals whereby some have three heat level adjustments and others adjust up to5 intervals. A mask with a high range of intervals is the best choice since you can get multiple heating options to use for treatment.
The temperature rate
Another critical thing you need to check is how the temperature of the mask regulates. Just as the heating intervals change, so does the heat of the mask. To get the best results, always go for a mask that has a high heat interval.
An excellent heated eye mask should cover the entire area around our eyes to provide comprehensive treatment. Although they have an elastic band for a good fit around the head, make sure it is wide enough to cover your eyes. If you have problems choosing the correct width of the mask, measure the area of the eyes and use the dimensions to buy one.
The heated eye masks heat at various intervals, and some may be overheated, mainly when set at high temperatures. If you cannot gauge the proper heat interval to use for your eye treatment, choose a mask regulating the heat level. These masks automatically shut off or reduce the heat level when exceeding the recommended level for your safety.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How often should I use a heated eyes mask?
For the first time, you can use the heated mask for 5 to 10 minutes per treatment session and around 4 to 5 times a day.
Q: Are heated eye masks safe for you?
The heated eye masks are pretty safe since they use infrared heat for treatment. As long you use them as per the instructions, you will get effective results.
Q: What is the longest time I can use the heated eye mask on my eyes?
It is recommendable that you place the mask on your eyes for 5 to 10 minutes maximum.
Q: Can the heated eyes mask damage my eyes?
If you set the masks to emit excessive heat, then it can easily damage the eyes. That is why it is crucial to choose a mask with heat regulation mode if you have never used it before.
Give your eyes a soothing effect. The heated eye mask’s benefits are many and will give therapeutic advantages.