Few appliances can command the stature and universality of a rice cooker. Singularly designed to make cooking rice faster, easier and more convenient, perhaps no other kitchen appliance has been so steadfastly devoted to just one food. Our list of the top 10 best stainless steel rice cookers of 2020 is a testament to the fact that modern life is unimaginable without these marvels. Now there was a safer and more durable way to cook rice. The rice cooker is now a standard feature in hundreds of millions of kitchens worldwide, irrespective of cultures and nationalities. In developing countries, the purchase of a stainless steel rice cooker is a significant moment in the upward mobility of a family.
If you do your research and find a top-rated cooker, chances are, it will become a family heirloom that one day you will be gifting the next generation. In case you are new to the market, looking to upgrade or just discovering the pleasures of home-cooked rice, we have here the top 10 best stainless steel rice cookers of 2020, rated by experts and customers.
- Best Stainless Steel Rice Cookers in 2020 Reviews
- 10. Inner Pot and Steamer Tray from Oyama
- 9. Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Warmer in Black from Zojirushi
- 8. CRC-400 in Silver from Cuisinart
- 7. Digital Cool-Touch Cooker and Food Steamer – Aroma Housewares
- 6. Stainless Rice Cooker in Pristine White – Aroma Housewares
- 5. Oyama Stainless Steel Cooker
- 4. Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 3. Professional Cooker and Steamer in Stainless Steel
- 2. Pressure Cooker in Turquoise from Maxi-Matic
- 1. ME81 Stainless Steel Cooker from Miracle Exclusives
Best Stainless Steel Rice Cookers in 2020 Reviews
10. Inner Pot and Steamer Tray from Oyama
Maybe you are not one of those who dream about cooking or scour the net for recipes. Maybe you just want the job done fast and smooth. Well, then, the Stainless Steel Rice Cooker with Inner Pot and Steamer Tray from Oyama is exactly what you need. It can cook up to 8 cups of rice. If you want to see how far you are into cooking, the lid glass lets you take a peek inside. To sweeten the deal, the tray on top can be used to steam your favorite dish. Like momos or vegetables in the upper deck and rice in the lower deck. Overall, the 304-grade rice cooker does what it promises and looks adorable on the kitchen counter too.
- Polished 304-grade stainless steel interior
- Lid glass lets you look inside
- Indicator lights may malfunction
- Durability is a serious concern
9. Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Warmer in Black from Zojirushi
Ideal for students, singles and small families, the Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Warmer from Zojirushi is a stunner in black. It can easily cook up to 6 cups of rice with its 3-cup capacity. Heat gets evenly placed inside due to its indigenous inner cooking pan. The keep-warm module and reheating mechanism, all elegantly displayed on the LCD make it technologically advanced and exceptionally customer friendly. Let’s not overlook the fact that it would only take up a small amount of space to store.
- Even heating
- Takes little space to store
- The power cord is retractable and placed inside
- Expensive when compared to others
- Slippery base
8. CRC-400 in Silver from Cuisinart
If cooking is an art, few would know it better than Cuisinart. Their CRC-400, built of brushed steel and in a sleek shade of silver, is proof that a kitchen appliance can be a thing to behold. Cook rice, while steaming your favorite vegetables or meat in this outrageously beautiful appliance that comes in a clutter-breaking square shape. Once the rice is cooked, the machine switches to the warm mode. The non-stick surface makes it easy to clean, adding to the appeal of the overall package, that comes with a measuring cup, paddle, aluminum bowl, among other things.
- Made from fine grade brushed steel
- Automatic transition to warm mode
- Known to boil over
7. Digital Cool-Touch Cooker and Food Steamer – Aroma Housewares
If close to fifteen thousand people have overwhelmingly rated it as an excellent product, you better take notice. The Digital Cool-Touch Cooker and Food Steamer Aroma Housewares is a runaway bestseller, known for its functionality and usage. Its versatile functionality helps you cook brown or white rice, steam your favorite dishes and even get you that hot cup of soup while you are at it. With the capacity to cook up to 8 cups of rice, this is ideal for families who need to get so much done in so little time. The kit Aroma Housewares also includes a spatula, steamer tray and a handy rice cup. Plus, it’s easy to clean and store.
- Can cook multiple dishes
- Easy to operate
- The lid is known to break easily
- May not last long when compared to the competition
6. Stainless Rice Cooker in Pristine White – Aroma Housewares
It can cook up to 6 cups of rice and its sleek one-touch design is exceptionally intuitive, but the real reason to give the Stainless Rice Cooker from Aroma Housewares serious consideration is its commitment to health. Avoiding the predictable route of non-stick surfaces, it uses stainless steel of the impeccable 304 grade which means that your food will be healthier and free of any unwanted elements. The complementary spatula, made of bamboo, adds to the overall elegance.
- Top-quality steel inside, making it a healthier option
- Simple to operate
- Plating can come off
- In some cases, known to splatter and spill contents
5. Oyama Stainless Steel Cooker
The CFS-F12W Stainless Steel Cooker from Oyama doesn’t compromise on either efficiency or your health concerns. The stainless steel inside the cooker and in the steamer tray is devoid of any harmful chemicals as it’s secured by a silicone center that does not leak chemicals. The cooker also uses a three-layer base for even heating to avoid overcooking. Once the rice is cooked, the cooker can keep the food warm for a long time, saving you the hassle of reheating.
- A 3-layer base for even cooking
- Keeps food warm up to 24 hours
- Water may boil over
- The buttons may not be durable
4. Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker
The highly energy-efficient Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cooker claims to save 70 percent of your cooking time, using a leading-edge microprocessor. That should be enough to explore this option if you are in a hurry and these days, who isn’t. The cooker is in-built with three settings for temperature and takes pride in its 10 safety features.
- Saves time
- Credible safety features
- Complicated user interface
- Tends to overflow
3. Professional Cooker and Steamer in Stainless Steel
The proprietary Cool Touch feature of the Professional Cooker and Steamer in Stainless Steel from Aroma Housewares lets you touch the cooker without worrying about burning about your skin. That incredible benefit should calm the nerves of a vast majority of those who use stainless steel cookers. The cooker can also churn out up to 12 cups of rice, while the steamer does the job for vegetables and meat. The advanced interface is easy to use and the cooker adjusts for better results.
- No more worrying about burning your hand
- An intelligent system that learns on its own
- Steel may peel off inside
2. Pressure Cooker in Turquoise from Maxi-Matic
How many presets and functions does an ordinary cooker have? It doesn’t matter as when you compare it to the Elite Platinum Multi-Use Pressure Cooker from Maxi-Matic, it will pale in comparison. That’s because this beauty of a machine has 14 functions. Think of a dish – rice, fish, beans, meat, vegetables, soup, dessert – and the Elite Platinum can cook it. Its stunning design and the gorgeous turquoise color shouldn’t take anything away from its advanced intelligent features like a delay timer for 24 hours and the self-resumption of cooking when the power comes back.
- 14 versatile modes to cook
- Self-resumption of power
- The pressure valve occasionally creates problems
1. ME81 Stainless Steel Cooker from Miracle Exclusives
At the top of the list is an industry-defining product that does everything you want from a cooker and way more. The ME81 Stainless Steel Cooker from Miracle Exclusives is minimal in its looks but superlative in its performance. Made of high-grade 304 stainless steel, the cooker gets to the job super fast and delivers a meal of fine-dining standards. With a capacity of 8 cups, it can cook up to 12 cups of rice, at the mere touch of a button.
- High-grade 304 steel inside
- Easy interface
- Occasionally the base tends to malfunction
No matter what your budget or living arrangements are, chances are, you will find a stainless steel rice cooker from this list that fits your exact needs. Cooking at home need not be a chore anymore. It can be an easy, smooth and pleasurable experience. Get any of these and you will agree.