It would be fair to say that the invention of vegetable slicers made more people consider cooking at home than before. Till then, the most difficult part about having a meal made at home was the preparation that involved laborious cleaning, grating and chopping of vegetables by hand. It was an energy-sapping work that could also turn dangerous. Slippery vegetables and sharp knives make for very jittery fingers. The vegetable slicer, that compact multitasker, that diligent partner, has helped us in more ways than one. To make your life in the kitchen easy and less time-consuming, we have our Top 10 Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020.
- Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020 Reviews
- 10. Mandoline Slicer with 5 Blade Settings from LiBa
- 9. Borner’s Vegetable Slicer and Mandoline Set of 5 Pieces from Swissmar
- 8. Mandoline Slicer with V-Shaped Blade from Oxo
- 7. 5-Blade Spiral Slicer from Brieftons
- 6. Vegetable Spiralizer in Black from Active Kitchen
- 5. Easy Manual Chopper and Slicer from Zyliss
- 4. Three-Blade Spiralizer and Slicer from Cosori
- 3. SpiraLife Vegetable Slicer and Zucchini Maker from Lifestyle Dynamics
- 2. 5-Blade Strong and Heavy Vegetable Slicer from Spiralizer
- 1. Multi-Vegetable Slicer and Spiralizer Wholesome Kit from Kitchen Supreme
Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020 Reviews
The list puts special emphasis on dexterity, ease of use and durability. We have looked in-depth at customer and trade reviews to put together this list that should, ideally, have all the options for you to choose from. The Top 10 Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020 will, hopefully, make the time you spend in the kitchen more productive, efficient and delightful.
10. Mandoline Slicer with 5 Blade Settings from LiBa
We start with a product designed for both professionals and amateurs and one that values efficiency and safety. The Mandoline Slicer with 5 Blade Settings from LiBa comes with extraordinary customer ratings, for lessening the time one has to spend chopping vegetables. It has 5 different blade settings that give you the freedom to adjust according to the vegetable in question, giving you slices that are 1.5 mm to 7 mm thick. The slicer also focuses on safety, with its anti-slide grips and food-friendly plastic. It’s one of the most productive and kitchen-friendly appliances you can ever get.
- 5 settings for slices of different thickness
- Anti-slip grips to prevent accidents
- Decreases time spent chopping
- The grips don’t cover the whole slicer
9. Borner’s Vegetable Slicer and Mandoline Set of 5 Pieces from Swissmar
How do you convince people that a product is world-class? You simply state that it’s a product of German engineering. From the renowned German house of Borner comes their Vegetable Slicer and Mandoline Set of 5 Pieces from Swissmar is a sleek-looking appliance that gets the job done without any fuss. The three blades made from stainless steel are surgical-level and exponentially sharp. What’s also brilliant is the seamlessness of the slicer that reduces the strain on the user. It also adheres to the highest quality standards and comes equipped with the latest in safety precautions.
- Blades built from stainless steel
- Simple and safe to use
- In rare cases, the structure becomes flimsy with use
8. Mandoline Slicer with V-Shaped Blade from Oxo
A clutter-breaking design with world-class sharpening blades. The Mandoline Slicer with V-Shaped Blade from Oxo, it seems, has been crafted after observing thousands of hours of slicing. The V-shaped blades are made from top-grade stainless steel and with its 4 different settings, can slice vegetables, both hard and soft, with the utmost ease. The blades are both straight and in a wave-like pattern for different kinds of slices. There’s a holder to protect your hands, while the feet are built to stay put without slipping away.
- 2 different types of slices
- Can slice both soft and hard vegetables
- Anti-slip structure
- For some, changing blades is difficult
7. 5-Blade Spiral Slicer from Brieftons
When vegetable slicers keep up with the times, in terms of both design and technology, the result can be quite pleasing. Take a look at the 5-Blade Spiral Slicer from Brieftons and you will know what we are talking about. Created to encourage consumption of vegetables, the slicer can churn out spiral pieces of all types of vegetables, making them more appetising and edible. From cheese to pasta to fruits to spaghetti, this all-rounder will tirelessly work using its 3 blades made of top-quality Japanese steel. The 4 cups use suction to keep the slicer in place when in use.
- Slices in spiral shapes
- Highly versatile slicer
- Made from Japanese steel
- The manual operation may feel tiring
6. Vegetable Spiralizer in Black from Active Kitchen
If the Gourmet Retailer Magazine has awarded it for its functionality and design, you better pay attention. The Vegetable Spiralizer in Black from Active Kitchen is a sleek appliance that will make any kitchen look modern. It can slice vegetables, pasta and spaghetti into the most delectable spiral shapes using its state-of-the-art blades made from Japanese steel. An innovative addition is a cap that will reduce wastage of vegetables. Sleek in black, this makes for an excellent gift that you can never go wrong with.
- Award-winning slicer
- Japanese steel-built blades
- Cap to decrease wastage
- The slicer isn’t versatile as it doesn’t work with some fruits and vegetables
5. Easy Manual Chopper and Slicer from Zyliss
If there is a wedding or housewarming in your social circle, allow us to share a phenomenal gift idea with you. The Easy Manual Chopper and Slicer from Zyliss is not just a chopper, but a complete food preparation aid that can also blend and puree. Salads, sauces and even desserts are well within its wide range of functions. It’s made possible by the two blades that rotate in different directions. The handle at the top, when folded down, makes it easy to store and when pulled up makes it easy to carry.
- It can slice, chop, puree and blend
- Ideal for a variety of dishes
- Easy to store and carry
- Safe for dishwasher
- One needs to be careful while taking out the blade guard
4. Three-Blade Spiralizer and Slicer from Cosori
What distinguishes the next recommendation on our Top 10 Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020 is its sheer power. The Three-Blade Spiralizer and Slicer from Cosori is engineered to slice and chop the thickest of vegetables and fruits. But it’s got a softer side too, quite visible when it churns out finely spiraled spaghetti or pasta. The slicer is also patently simple to use and clean, making it one of the finest slicers you can buy, especially when you consider that it’s more pocket-friendly than a lot of other products on the market.
- Strong blades
- 3 blade settings
- Inexpensive than others
- Product replacement for a lifetime
- The suction cups may not remain stable in some instances
3. SpiraLife Vegetable Slicer and Zucchini Maker from Lifestyle Dynamics
If there ever was an appliance devoted to perfecting zucchini, then this is it. The SpiraLife Vegetable Slicer and Zucchini Maker from Lifestyle Dynamics score over the rest in its stunning attention to detail and wholesome value addition to the craft of slicing and spiralizing vegetables, especially zucchini. Its larger funnel is the perfect example of how this slicer focuses on optimal performance with minimal wastage. Its sharp, thick blades ensure that there are no minuscule-sized shreds. It can also be easily cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Larger funnel to reduce wastage
- Designed to avoid shredding
- 2 ebooks free with the appliance
- Not versatile enough for other vegetables
2. 5-Blade Strong and Heavy Vegetable Slicer from Spiralizer
Close to 15,000 customers have given it a near-perfect rating. Need we say more? The 5-Blade Strong and Heavy Vegetable Slicer from Spiralizer has not only won the hearts of thousands of users but has been appreciated by the media too, including The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Food Network. Rightfully so, when you realise that it is almost 35% more powerful than others in the fray. The blades made of stainless steel can easily slice the toughest of root vegetables including potatoes. This is the first step towards a healthier and vegan diet as it can make any vegetable or fruit look and feel delicious in a matter of minutes.
- 35% stronger than the rest
- 4 free recipe ebooks
- Lifetime product replacement guarantee
- Slightly bigger than the usual compact-size slicers
1. Multi-Vegetable Slicer and Spiralizer Wholesome Kit from Kitchen Supreme
At the top of our list isn’t a slicer or chopper or blender or puree maker. What we have is a complete kit to get you serious about a healthier way of life. The Multi-Vegetable Slicer and Spiralizer Wholesome Kit from Kitchen Supreme is all you need to slice, chop or spiralize vegetables, pasta, spaghetti among others. The kit comes with a brush, a peeler, a cover bag, a cookbook and an ebook. It just doesn’t get more comprehensive than this. Featuring Japanese steel blades and handguards for safety, the spiralizer is built to last a long time. No wonder then that Kitchen Supreme offers warranty for a lifetime.
- A whole kit with a peeler, a cover bag and 2 books
- Long-lasting Japanese steel blades
- Easy to use, clean and store
- Perfect gift for weddings and housewarming
- Lifetime warranty
- Some users have noted that it doesn’t work efficiently on sweet potatoes
Getting a good vegetable slicer is a commitment you make to yourself. To start eating right, to cook more food at home, and more importantly, to take your health seriously. As you go through our Top 10 Best Vegetable Slicers in 2020, we sincerely hope you have all the encouragement you need to take that crucial, first step.