The range of wireless technology has grown over the years. One type of wireless technology that has remained relevant for so long is Bluetooth. Bluetooth devices offer convenience and stylishness. With Bluetooth, you can connect 2 devices even when they are meters apart. You can even control devices remotely. Also, you do not have to worry about wires when you use Bluetooth. This absence of wires makes it sleek and stylish.
One thing with Bluetooth is that it does not have an infinite range. There is a limit to how far devices can be from each other for them to remain connected. Bluetooth usually covers a 33 ft. (10 meters) range but this is not always enough. The good news is that you can extend this range. With the range extended, you can connect over longer distances with no connection issues. For you to achieve this upgrade, these are the top 10 Best Bluetooth range extenders you should consider.
- Best Bluetooth Range Extenders in 2021 Reviews
- 10. Boltune Transmitter Receiver
- 9. Avantree Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- 8. Avantree Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- 7. 1Mii Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- 6. Avantree Priva III
- 5. Avantree Leaf Class 1 Audio Transmitter
- 4. Proven 300ft Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter 2316
- 3. TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
- 2. Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter
- 1. TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 for Car/TV/Home Sound System
Best Bluetooth Range Extenders in 2021 Reviews
10. Boltune Transmitter Receiver
If you want a top Bluetooth range extender in your home, this product has a lot to offer. It covers a 164 ft. in open-air line-of-sight range. So, the range of your device is extended by 5 times. With this, you can listen to sounds from your TV, Home Theatre, and other audio sources from anywhere in the house.
Additionally, it uses 2 of the best codecs to improve your listening experience. It uses aptX low latency so there is no lip-sync delay and it uses aptX HD to transmit high-quality sounds to your headphones. It works in 3 modes: receiver, transmitter, and bypass mode.
- It uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
- You can pair with 2 headphones at once.
- It covers a range of up to 164 ft.
9. Avantree Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
Avantree has a range of 164 ft. in open-air. That is about 5 times what you will usually get with Bluetooth devices. Indoors, you get a range of 50-70ft, which is more than twice the usual range. The ease of using this product is one thing that sets it apart. The user interface is a touchscreen that comes with a voice guide. This combination makes operating it easy. You can control the volume of the voice guide or choose to turn it off.
You can use it in 3 modes: transmitter mode (TX), receiver mode (RX), and pass-through mode. It uses the aptX low latency codec so there are no delays. It also works using aptX and SBC codecs. Moreover, it has analog and optical input/output options. So, you have options to choose from. You can run a dual-link on it but aptX low latency will not work with dual-link.
- It uses SBC, aptX, and aptX low latency codecs.
- It has both analog aux and optical input/output.
- You can use 2 headphones at once in dual-link mode.
8. Avantree Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
You can already guess that the Oasis Plus is an improvement on Oasis. It has the same range as Oasis (a range of 164 ft. in open-air and 50 – 70 ft. indoors). It also uses the same interface as Oasis. A touchscreen with a voice guide and LED status indicators.
You get to use it in 3 modes too. The transmitter mode where it transmits sound from audio sources to headphones and similar devices. It also works as a receiver where it receives sound from audio sources with Bluetooth to wired audio outputs. You can also use it in bypass mode. In bypass mode, you can connect your speaker with a cord and use your Bluetooth headset at the same time.
Oasis Plus supports digital and analog AUX/RCA. It uses aptX HD to deliver high-quality sound and aptX low latency to prevent lip-sync lagging. Unlike in Oasis, aptX low latency is supported in Oasis Plus when you use dual-link mode.
- Oasis plus uses aptX low latency codec in dual-link mode.
- Topnotch sounds are produced using aptX HD codec.
- The user interface is touchscreen and it comes with a voice guide.
7. 1Mii Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
When you have to stream from one device to other devices around the house, this will serve you well. Whether you are in the backyard, the kitchen, upstairs, or in the patio, the connection is sustained. You can also listen to music from everywhere in the house with your Bluetooth-enabled headphones.
This range extender has a range of 230 ft. in open-air. While indoors, this range is about 110 ft. This gives you 3 times to 7 times the usual reach of your Bluetooth device. The aux adapter offers you multiple connection options. The inputs/output ports are available in digital and analog forms. You do not need special knowledge to use this device. Just connect to a power source and pair it with your devices.
- Long-range up to 230 ft. in open-air and 110 ft. indoors.
- It serves as a transmitter, a receiver, and a bypass.
- The aptX low latency codec prevents lip-sync delay.
- It supports dual-stream.
6. Avantree Priva III
You will not go wrong if this is your selection. If you want to listen to your TV or home theatre with that special someone, the dual-link allows it. Then the aptX low latency ensures that the audio is in sync with the video for the best viewing. It runs on Bluetooth 4.2 and has a range of 100ft (3 times the usual).
It has support for aux, RCA, and USB but no optical. You also do not have to worry about it going off while in use because it charges automatically when connected to USB devices.
- The charges automatically when connected to 5V USB devices.
- It uses Bluetooth 4.2.
- It has a range of 100 ft.
5. Avantree Leaf Class 1 Audio Transmitter
This comes as a USB dongle you can connect to a PC, PS4, or a Mac. It is powered by Bluetooth 4.1 technology. When this is connected you can listen in on these devices with a Bluetooth headset/speaker and talk at the same time. It requires no driver to work and is supported by Windows XP – 10 and macOS.
It also uses aptX low latency codec so there is no lip-sync delay. In open-air, it has a reach of up to 66 ft. which is about 2 times the usual range. Asides aptX low latency, it also uses aptX, FastStream, and SBC giving you a broad range of audio-codec support.
- Uses Bluetooth 4.1.
- It uses 4 audio codecs: aptX, aptX LL, SBC, and FastStream.
- It has an open-air range of up to 66 ft.
4. Proven 300ft Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter 2316
With 3 modes, this product offers you diverse options with your devices. As a receiver, you can amplify the sound on your devices by connecting to a loudspeaker through it. As a transmitter, you no longer have to wait around your TV, PC, or audio sources with this product around. It helps transmit the sounds to your headphones anywhere around the house. You can also use it as a pass-through. You can connect to wired audio outputs and your Bluetooth headphone at the same time.
The streaming rate is as fast as they come. So, you can expect no delay in sync while using it. It covers up to 300 ft. in open-air and 160 ft. indoors. Wherever you are indoors, it will get to you. If you are outdoors in the garage, patio, or the pool, it would reach you there too.
- Range of up to 300 ft. in open-air and 160 ft. indoors.
- It transmits in aptX low latency codec.
- It functions in 3 modes.
- You can pair 2 headphones to it and use both at once.
3. TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver
If you want some of that Bluetooth 5.0 experience in your house this should be on your radar. It works in 2 modes: transmitter and receiver. Once fully charged, it can last for up to 15 hours while streaming music to/from your devices. You can even use it while you charge it.
You never have to experience lip-sync delays because it uses aptX low latency codec. It supports optical input/output and aux input/output too.
- It uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology and supports earlier versions.
- Sound and video are in sync due to the aptX low latency codec.
2. Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter
With this device, you get portability, style, and functionality. Setting it up and using it is pretty straightforward. It has aux ports and RCA ports for you to connect your devices with. You can pair 2 devices at once and stream music from any of them. It has a range of up to 50 feet, which is almost 2 times the usual.
- It is a receiver, not a transmitter.
- It is easy to use.
- Takes very little space.
1. TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 for Car/TV/Home Sound System
If you want a Bluetooth range extender that is not only suitable for indoor appliances but also for your car, this is your pick. It functions as a transmitter and as a receiver. You can use it with 2 headphones simultaneously and you can use it while charging too.
The HD codec ensures that the audio output is top-notch while the low latency codec prevents lagging. Since it uses Bluetooth 5.0, the connection is stable over long distances.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is portable.
- You can use it while charging.
You certainly agree that Bluetooth devices should do more and you should get more out of them. These top 10 Best Bluetooth Range Extenders are sure to give you that extra you want. You could think of them as helping you push the walls around your limit.