Every childhood should be a riot of imagination, with the freedom to explore, to learn and to discover. Children should be encouraged to draw and sketch and create their worlds and characters. These will aid their physical and psychological growth and contribute to their learning skills. Left on their own, kids will be happy to draw and scribble wherever there is a surface, whether it’s your favorite wall or cupboard or door. To get the best of both worlds, it’s better to gift them a top-quality magnetic drawing board, chosen from our recommended list of Best Magnetic Drawing Board.
A magnetic drawing board typically comes with an eraser, a stylus that’s got a magnet in it and the board itself. Once your child unboxes a magnetic drawing board, you and your family will be guaranteed peace of mind as your child draws, erases and redraws with utmost joy and unbridled curiosity. Now, you don’t have to worry about the state of the walls or doors and they don’t have to worry about you supervising their every act.
- Best Magnetic Drawing Boards in 2020 Reviews
- 10. Large Magnetic Toddlers’ Drawing Board
- 9. Magna Magnetic Erasable Sketching
- 8. Magnetic Large Drawing Board for Children from Sgile
- 7. Two-Set Drawing Board for Children from Chuchik
- 6. Magnetic Drawing Board for STEM Learning from Play22
- 5. Learning, Drawing and Writing Center from VTech
- 4. 24-Part Drawing Board Set from Boley
- 3. Magnetic Drawing Board Set for Toddlers from NextX
- 2. Purple Magnetic Board from Sgile
- 1. Doc McStuffins Talk and Trace Board for Children from VTech and Disney
Best Magnetic Drawing Boards in 2020 Reviews
10. Large Magnetic Toddlers’ Drawing Board
At No.10 on our list of Best Magnetic Drawing Board is a board that outclasses others in terms of size. The Large Magnetic Toddlers’ Drawing Board with Replacement Pen, Stencils and Stamp from Gamenote is what you require when your toddler has many stories to share. People, places, palaces, no matter what your child has in mind, the big board will be able to easily accommodate them all. The kit comes with stencils, stickers and a magnet that will fuel your child’s imagination as they scribble and learn. The eraser is easy to use and since it’s free of toxic chemicals or sharp edges, they are extremely safe for your toddlers too.
- Larger board
- Comes with stencils, pen and stamp
- No sharp edges
- Cleaning is easy
- Some have found the build quality to be flimsy
9. Magna Magnetic Erasable Sketching
Children need colors and the more they have, the merrier they will be. Toyvelt knows this and their Magna Magnetic Erasable Sketching and Writing Board for Children have enough colors to keep your little ones occupied for hours at a stretch. With 8 color areas and 4 different types of color, the sketching and drawing options are unlimited for a young, curious mind. The eraser works like a charm and enables you to redraw and learn everything from the alphabet to different sizes and shapes.
- 8 color areas
- Has 4 different varieties of colors
- Excellent eraser
- The board doesn’t come with additional stamps
8. Magnetic Large Drawing Board for Children from Sgile
Calling all future Da Vincis and Michaelangelos, your starter kit is here. The Magnetic Large Drawing Board for Children from Sgile is where you begin to grow and nourish your kid’s painting aspirations. The drawing area is large and the eraser is of supreme quality. There are no mistakes here, only beautiful and engaging lessons. The material is child-friendly and strong enough to withstand multiple falls. The pen comes attached to a string, making it handy to find. The board is also easy to carry, ensuring that your kid will be able to work on it even on a bus or car.
- Ideal for painting
- Comes with a pen attached to a string
- Easy to store and carry
- Some parents feel that the board doesn’t last long
7. Two-Set Drawing Board for Children from Chuchik
One for home and one for outdoors. That’s the promise of the Toys Two-Set Drawing Boards for Children from Chuchik. The large board can be used for sketching and drawing at home while the smaller home is compact enough to be worked on in a moving car, bus or park. The stamps are magnetic and therefore easy to stick to the boards. The boards are made from two layers of top-quality plastic which make them sturdy and fall-proof. But what we like most about the drawing board is that unlike most in the market, it doesn’t make that irritating sound when you draw on it, as it has a custom-made smooth surface. So, you won’t hear a thing as your kid repeatedly draws and erases sitting next to you.
- Smooth surface that doesn’t make the typical drawing sound
- Two boards for home and outdoor uses
- Sturdy and well-built
- Sometimes the pen doesn’t fit in its stand
6. Magnetic Drawing Board for STEM Learning from Play22
Getting children, especially young girls, interested in STEM fields has been never more important than now. With multiple forms of entertainment vying for their attention, it’s imperative that children develop an interest in these areas when they are as young as possible. The Magnetic Drawing Board for STEM Learning from Play22 is a significant step in developing their interest as it defies some of the old rules of toy boards to give something that’s advanced and in keeping with the times. The uniquely designed board uses a stylus and magnetic balls that kids will have to push and pull to scribble letters or draw artworks. The distinct design makes it engaging and will go a long way in developing their hand-eye coordination, abilities to spot patterns and solve problems and boost their creativity.
- Exceptionally different design that uses magnetic balls
- Push and pull learning method
- Excellent stylus
- Makes for a great gift
- It takes some effort on the part of toddlers to move the pen
5. Learning, Drawing and Writing Center from VTech
While others are busy treating writing boards as toys, VTech has been looking at them as training systems. Their Learning, Drawing and Writing Center can be best described as a learning kit full of fun. The board comes with on-screen directions on how to draw different objects and shapes, the right way to draw and stroke for lowercase and uppercase, among others. The Center, once it’s given your child’s name, will also teach them how to write it correctly. Who says learning can’t be fun?
- Interactive learning system
- Directions on how to draw shapes and write letters
- Instructions on how to write the child’s name
- Some parents have noted that the battery chamber opens on its own
4. 24-Part Drawing Board Set from Boley
As we give you our recommendations on our list of Best Magnetic Drawing Board, we realize that most of them are for families. At No.4, however, is something for large groups, we have the 24-Part Drawing Board Set from Boley. This set has 24 drawing boards with pens attached to strings. This is what you need for not just classrooms, but birthday parties as well. Needless to say, all the boards are safe for children, as they are made from top-quality plastic.
- Suited for classrooms and birthday parties
- Attractive price
- Doesn’t have color options
3. Magnetic Drawing Board Set for Toddlers from NextX
A beautiful splash of colors that your kids will love to spend time on. The Magnetic Drawing Board Set for Toddlers from NextX has 4 special areas of color to enrich the drawing and sketching sessions. With a sticker and 5 different stamps, your child will find lots of engaging ways to spend time with the board. Did we say this highly-rated board set is also easily portable?
- Four different color areas
- Easy to store and carry
- In some cases, the eraser doesn’t work everywhere on the board
2. Purple Magnetic Board from Sgile
Sgile’s second entry in our list isn’t just functional but is beautiful in its design too. Their Purple Magnetic Board maintains the product’s primary focus on enabling the sketching and doodling capabilities of kids. The 4 colors add to the vitality of the board while the magnetic pen and stamps – in three distinct shapes for greater object-comprehension – make it a wholesome educational system that maintains its dose of fun.
- 4 different color areas
- Stamps in three different shapes
- Easily portable
- The eraser isn’t up to the mark in some cases
1. Doc McStuffins Talk and Trace Board for Children from VTech and Disney
When VTech and Disney get together, rest assured, the resulting product will be a chart-topper. Their Doc McStuffins Talk and Trace Board for Children isn’t a mere toy board, it’s a training program for future healthcare professionals. The brilliantly designed board, miles above the ordinary, comes with a technology that can recognize numbers. It also features a notepad and stencils that your little ones can explore on their electronic board. For tracing and drawing, for singing and learning, and even to get helpful information on health, there’s no better board.
- Electronic board
- Technology to recognize numbers
- The board gives information on health
- No specific space to store the stencils
There are enough state-of-the-art options here to believe that drawing boards have come a long way and are indispensable tools for children to learn pattern-recognition, problem-solving, the alphabet, shapes and sizes, and to draw and sketch as much as they like. From this specially compiled list of Best Magnetic Drawing Board, we are sure you will find the one that will significantly augment your child’s learning and make the entire process a lot more engaging and fun.